Friday, November 27, 2009

Trial by Fire

Bryce and I have realized over these last four months that a lot of "bad" parenting can be great parenting for a newborn. Besides restraining your child, aka swadelling, to help baby sleep all night. We have also learned that shaking the seat, stroller, etc when he is crying uncontrollably can release gas and stop crying. Although you can probably do without the mumbled "Shut up child!" Bryce discovered that a big growl of frustration can throw Link into fits of laughter. In fact all scary growling does. I found out that blaring the music in the car to overpower a screaming can actually eliminate the problem as Link does not care to compete.

Today Link and I did some minor shopping, later in the afternoon after all the black friday stuff is already picked through. He screamed every time he was in his car seat. I was caring the chunk around reminding him softly that he owed me one, but then I realized he has been working on sitting, so I sat him in the actual cart area and he loved it. As well as picking up and putting everything I put in the cart in his mouth, helping get that second tooth to poke through I suppose.

No comments: