Saturday, November 28, 2009

Productive Night

With the emergence of Link's tooth, I thought I should look at solid foods in The Baby Book. Dr. Sears says the right time is when they show interest, which Link has for a while and around 6 months when they can sit up in a high chair and start teething. Well he is already doing those 6 month things so I decided to give it a try. Starter foods included liquefied bananas and applesauce so I chose the latter. I feed Link using my finger and he ate about 2 tablespoons. Needless to say he liked it. I looked for signs of disinterest but they never came so I just decided to stop when I felt like it. This kid is going to be wrestling heavyweight like the Dallenbach boys. No on and off switch. The book says the intestines are not fully ready until 6 months, but I wonder if he may already be there.

Like a 6 month old he really enjoys his jumper and could play in it all day. He is starting to dislike his play gym. Which slightly bothers me because he still has not figured out how to roll over completely (which is the skill most 4 month olds are working on.

In other news. We tried EC tonight and it was successfull. It would probably cut down on laundry a lot if we did it more. You just have to dress more apropriately. Easy access to the bum rather than pants to yank off, a cover to unfasten and then a diaper. Link did all his duties in the toilet though.

No comments: