Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween


Baby Party, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

So you saw the costume, but you probably don't know much about our day. Halloween was super exciting. My favorite holiday. I usually throw a holiday party with wherever I am working, but didn't this year since I am not working in the public spectrum. So we went to a baby party in Decorah, hosted by one of the doulas of our group. It was fun to see old friends from the group and meet new friends and their kids. Some of the people I had briefly met from visiting their art studios, passing them while they stocked fruit at the co-op, or taking my order at their restaurants. It was nice to talk with all of them. The food was amazing (as any Decorah potluck is). I made deviled eggs but dressed them up with olives and avacado. I used my wedding dress, a scarf, and a purple t-shirt and made a Zelda costume and Bryce went as the tri-force (we had a hard time thinking of another character). I think next year we are going to go as Mount Rushmore. Or maybe we will wait until we are a family of four.
After this party we went to Independence to party with Liz and Dani at Pat's Bar. It was fun to chat and see all the adult costumes. Mom watched Link.
The next day we added even more miles to the car when we went to see Mama Mia at the Gallegher Bluedorn in Cedar Falls/Waterloo. I have not seen any version of the show before and I loved it. Great acting. A funny thing happened on the way to the car. Three teen girls were walking in front of us and two were making fun of the other because she thought in the last song they were singing "Waterloo." They other two were not sure what they had sung, but it sure wasn't a song with the name of their town in it.

1 comment:

me said...

i'm confused by the family of four...i thought you said you might not have more kids.