Monday, July 20, 2009

Swallowing and Turning Colors

This post may be a little too much for some people so I'm warning you ahead of time.

What a weird day. It started with my midwife telling me to give head. This is the oddest thing any medical professional has ever said to me. I guess the prostoglandens in semen are what help start labor and lots of people have told us to have sex, but Brenda was the first person to tell us that the prostoglandens are better absorbed into the uterus from the gut rather than the vagina.

Bryce and I ate at the Magpie Cafe, which is always a great little place for coffee and sandwiches. I started the black and blue cohosh there. When I got home I started the castor oil, which I am just taking straight. It is gross to swallow oil, but better than an oily drink that lasts a while. Before it could work it's way through my system Bryce and I went to the Buttery and bought the corner curio cabinet I had my eye on for 6 months. It is really gorgeous and now in our dinning room with all our dishes in it.
My parents helped us bring it home and we feed them some Fennelly's cheeseburgers (being that all other restaurants with take out are closed on Mondays). I needed to stay home so I could be close to the toilet.

Around 8:00, Brenda called with a check up and had me stop with all herbs and focus on relaxation. I took a sitz bath to help with my sore bottom from all the castor oil. While in the tub I noticed I have a patch of brown spotty brown discoloration on the center of my thigh. Lots of people get the brown trail from the pubic bone to the breast bone. (I heard it is an evolutionary way for newborns to scoot themselves up to the boobs, which is what they do if you let them.) I have the bottom of it and the top of it but it doesn't connect and it is freckly, which will leave any baby confused and probably searching in the newly darkened well of my belly button for milk. Then besides the darkening of my areolas, I have these dark circles around them, which again I think is a helpful target for the breastfeeding. The weird part is finding the same light brown freckles on my thigh. What is that there for and how did I get it? I also have the same discoloration in my armpits now too. They are all freckly brown and look like I haven't washed them in years. I'm on the hunt for more discolorations, I hope they go away sometime. Doing a full body exam I also noticed the darkening of my crack. When I see photos of people from the back giving birth with the head out, there bum is usually all stretched out and I see the dark discoloration, but I assumed these women were just always like that. While I haven't checked out my ass all that often, I definitely was not as dark there as I am now. I have become just like them. What is up with this?

No comments: