Monday, July 13, 2009

Prepping

Yesterday was a prep day. We double checked our supplies and did our bed up for the delivery. We also cleaned a bit and did some laundry. I put on my labor bracelet and away we go.
To get out of the house we went to Guttenberg again (everything is open there on Sunday, unlike Elkader). We went to Bender’s grocery and to China One. After a great meal we got our fortune cookies. Mine read “An unexpected event will soon make lyour life more exciting. Bryce’s read “Your talents will prove to be especially useful this week.”
When we got home it was about 7:30 PM. I was reading in an herbal book some things that can induce labor. I am a little back and forth about this because I don’t want to pressure the little one, but I want the babe to come soon so I don’t have to get my mom out of work or have to worry about the plans I am making, like the midnight showing of Harry Potter.
Anyway, the one I tried was basically a screwdriver with castor oil. It didn’t taste too bad, just oily. I followed it with a hot shower/bath. After that I started to get some labor pains. I had about three that were regular, then they stopped again. I was suppose to take another dosage an hour later, but before that could happen I was on the toilet and could not get off. Over the course of the night I pretty much birthed my entire large intestine. It sucked. I could hardly sleep because if I felt any gas I knew I had to make a run for it. So I am thinking I probably shouldn’t repeat the procedure, but I am in between. It probably is a good thing to be cleaned out for the birth, but I also feel like I am cheating and I want to hide the castor oil from my midwives, just like my anti-acid tablets.

1 comment:

me said...

what is this bracelet?