Sunday, July 19, 2009

induction ceremony

Bah-humbug. I need induction. It figures that with my body not reading my hormones at the beginning to conceive a child without the aid of drugs, my body is also not reading my hormones to get the child out without the aid of drugs. Fortunately I get to start (and hopefully end) with natural induction. My midwives, concerned with what they consider almost three weeks past due and only one centimeter, are ready to push me with black and blue cohosh and once again (ekk) castor oil. If that doesn't work I am going to be so completely sad as they are most likely, for their own legal sakes, going to send me to the hospital. Fortunately, we have a great doctor who will do water birth there and limited drugs. I so want to have a homebirth though. Fortunately I can still have my midwives and doulas around. Anyway, I've got about 1-3 days before I am a mama. Ahhhh!

2 comments:

Emm said...

Wishing you the best! Can't wait to hear!

Jen said...

So sorry it's coming down to induction. I hope the cohosh works and you get your home birth!