Saturday, July 25, 2009

First weekend


Lincoln Squeeks
Originally uploaded by Shannon Marye
Our first weekend together was also Sweet Corn Days. Bryce covered for me at the "Paint the Keystone Bridge" event which didn't have many attenders and he also had to cook at the restaurant that night.

On Saturday morning Great Grandma Koch showed up to visit Lincoln. He was really good for her and she brought over lunch of garden fresh casseroles, breads, and pie. We all ate at the dinner table. My mom was still there from that night. I sat on the birthing ball and it helped me out a lot. Everything went really well, until right before my grandma left I overheard her whisper to my mom that she had prayed and prayed that I would go to the hospital for the birth. In my mind all I could think was "You jerk, how about pray that my labor went smoothly and beautifully so I would have a great experience rather than having to do something that seriously punctured my soul." But, as Bryce always reminds me, take it with a grain of salt. I mean she was already spouting not sleeping with the kid or he would never go in his own bed and that eating comfrey would make his stool really loose (um, he won't be pooping solid for a long time Grams).

Following grandma's visit Dani and Liz came over. My mom left to walk in the parade. Dani and Liz made an awesome dinner of bbq beef and pasta salad with cucumber and carrots. I feel like I have eaten from everyone's garden this week and it rocks. They helped us give Link his first bath which he really liked. They stayed while Bryce was at work and my mom went to church and stuff. They also rented a couple of movies for me and brought over some great gifts (including some shared Jasmine, Thanks sweetie). We talked about all sorts of things including breastfeeding, placenta, etc. I think they are weirded out by the philosophies I adhere to, but they were very welcoming of the new ideas to. They didn't realize you could take your placenta home for instance and they were interested in seeing mine, but it was frozen and I didn't feel like getting it out. When they left we watched PS I love you.

On Sunday we were pretty much on our own. My mom decided she wasn't going to spend the night with us any longer unless we needed her to. I was nervous, but we have been good ever since. She is still just a phone call away and I can walk and get up a whole lot better now. Brian and Frederique came over that night with a casserole they made which was so delicious. Everyone thought so including Lincoln, who got to taste it on his eye when I spilled some on him while I was nursing. I looked down and there was this cheesy smear over his eyelid, fortunately he was pretty much asleep. Bryce and I watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, which I really enjoyed.

1 comment:

me said...

you are welcome. :)