Saturday, July 4, 2009

Firecracker Baby Dismissed

8:30 AM
So if my prediction is correct, it will be a girl, because there will be nothing happening today. My baby is going to have to wait a full year before any fireworks are seen. Instead I am spending the day with Diana. Hopefully, like Lorri said, being with a baby makes you more fertile (I was with Mason the week before I found out I was pregnant) the same will be true of going into labor. Mommy hormones kicking in? Anyway, I hope that Diana is pleasant all day, but I secretly wish to try out some of out things with her (like the stroller, moby, cloth diapers, etc). Don't tell my brother I want to use his child as a guinea pig.
Bryce is still asleep while I am writing this. I went in to talk to him this morning and he talked to me in his sleep. This was the conversation
B- I just met three very dangerous people
S- What made them dangerous?
B- They were all from the US
S- Oh. That is scary. But, how were they dangerous?
B- Nothing more than the average things

5:30 PM
Diana was great today. Full of smiles and flapping about. Bryce tried out the moby with her and she loved it. I put her in the boppy since I have little lap left and she was very pleased. When mom came to pick her up she needed her diaper changed so I did, but before putting on her disposable I tried out a prefold. I think I might be doing it wrong. It seems odd to fold in when poop would then smear in three different places. Anyway, I mastered the snappi and the bumpkins plastic outside thing. Then I took the diaper right off only to find she had already peed in the prefold. So we get to do out first load with a wet diaper. I showed my mom the g-diapers and she was very impressed. After Diana left Bryce and I went to the flea market under the bridge in Marquette (which happens quite often in throughout the year). It was our first and probably last time. In the end we bought some toothpicks. I don't think I have an appreciation for those creepy stands.

10:00 ish

We had a grand old time with the Bruxvoort Colligans in Monona, watching the fireworks from Fisk parking lot. Trish said they had never been so close before it was almost scary. Sam loved it. They made kettle corn and we ate donuts. Beautiful night.

No comments: