Saturday, May 2, 2009

Garage Sailing

I went to Strawberry Point Garage Sales today. Since I have never really done too much garage sale shopping (there was always too much baby stuff;p) I decide to shop like I was gambling. I took a set amount of money ($25) and once it was gone I was done. So I had to make the right moves. This is what I got:



From left to right:
My favorite find at any garage sale- old hanging glass lamp (only 25¢!), infant swing, basket, baby clothing (finding gender neutral clothing is really hard, I tried to stay on the boy side of things this time since I have a lot of gender nuetral, slightly female clothing already), car seat, baby tub, rubber ducky (temperature reader), baby hats, shoes, socks, glass loaf pan and server, small crock pot and crib sheet. The only thing I wasn't real happy about was the crib sheet which didn't have a price tag on it but it was near all the 25¢ things but the lady ended up charging me $1 and I wasn't in the mood to argue. Most expensive purchase was the car seat ($5).

Yesterday I went to Waterloo to pick up my computer from the shop and I went to purchase some things for the Mother's Day Blessingway. I totally got baby brain. My brain reverted to the time before debit cards. I wrote a check for the computer, then I went next door to the bead store, then I saw that I only had one check left and I thought "Crap, I can only go one more place, I should probably go to department store so I can get everything else at one place." It wasn't until I realized that I had a Walmart gift card did I realize right beside it lay this new fangled thing called a debit card.

A side not story. When debit cards were real new I was buying a couple of groceries and the lady behind me in the line saw me get out my card. She turned to the person behind her and in a voice where she could be heard she said "Kids these days just don't realize all the fees that go into using credit cards, they just whip them out for anything." I laughed inside.

No comments: