Friday, May 29, 2009

Cloth Diapers and Baby Wearing

Baby class was very interesting last night. A new couple and their little one joined us. Melissa, Peter, and daughter Windsor. They were very fun. Brenda and Valarie left about 5 minutes in to our session to attend a birth. They called about 2 hours later with reports of a healthy little boy. It was super exciting to experience the midwife process even though there was no knowledge of the birth itself.
A woman from Wisconsin who had Brenda deliver her 5 month old, gave a presentation on cloth diapers and baby wearing. Being able to hear peoples opinions and actually see adn touch everything makes everything seem a lot easier. I tried out my new Moby (thanks Debbie) and put my list of things needed for cloth diapering together (thanks Katy and Sara).
Once again, the food was SOOO good, I pigged out. The scale tipped a 10 lbs increase from pre-pregnancy but this morning it was back at just 6.
I have been slightly worried about my health lately. A few times I have had the early pregnancy lightheaded-ness when I need to eat. But I'm pretty sure it is just because of my poor nutrition lately. In addition my blood pressure was higher. It is not in a bad bracket but I always have low blood pressure so I was surprised. It could because it was midwife #2 who I am not as comfortable with. Also in my urine anylasis I have higher lukocytes and a trace of blood. Brenda says baby gel coming, Moira says not yet. I don't think there is anything to worry about as I only have 6 more weeks or so, but I do need to stop eating so much sugar and get some non man created food into my diet again.

No comments: