Friday, December 5, 2008

More news on the homebirth

I talked with Ann Osmundson today. She had her 7th child at home near Elkader. She had a lot of helpful information. My main concerns with home birth are:

1. Is it legal- While internet is back and forth, the actual word of mouth is yes.

2. Am I too remote- Ann's midwife was from Cedar Rapids did not make it to her birth. I am 30 minutes away or more from any birthing center and the closest ones are not very reputable.

3. Where can I find a midwife and what about appointments- Cedar Rapids and Trish gave me an e-mail for one in Decorah. I do like my clinic in Waterloo however. Maybe I will do a few more appointments with them until I am sure.

There are several reasons why I want to do a home birth:

1. I don't want hardly anyone around, especially someone I hardly know.
2. I don't want to feel rushed or like I am doing something wrong
3. I want to deliver in whatever position feels comfortable
4. I want to have Bryce and I do the majority of everything
5. I think it is more natural

There are a lot more reasons, but I need to be sure I am doing what Bryce and I feel most comfortable with.

1 comment:

me said...

wow i'm glad someone in this world listens to me. love you.