Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lets squash the worry bugs

Thanks to my mother I worry like it's breathing. My mom carries all her worry out front, I pack it away, except when it is something I just can't get over, like this baby. This week I was doing so well. Trish told me her birth story, Dani told me about how excited she was driving to the hospital both times to deliver. I read an incredible chapter on laboring in Birthing Within. Then today, wamm. It can't get close enough to our appointment on the 23rd. I need to see and hear this little fetus. I think because so many people know now I am worried that it will be my luck to misscarry. If it is not one thing to worry about it's another. This is how pathetic it is, today I spent a good 5 min or so staring at crap in the toilet wondering if I possibly aborted. Thank God I realized there probably would be placenta and arms and legs at this point, before I picked anything up. I also have taken more than four pregnancy tests just to make sure the little one is still there during the course of the three months. If my anxiety transfers to this kid it is going to come out shaking.

No comments: