Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thoughts at week seven

I just caught up on reading everything Shannon has written because I have wanted to write some myself. (Her last line made me realized I have put it off.)

I am so looking forward to this child. I feel like Shannon and I have a lot of love to offer since we have so much love for each other. No matter what fears we might have, we know that s/he will not lack love. That's important.

I need to be reading the same books that Shannon is so we can talk about things and be on the same wavelength. Shannon justly made fun of my brother Phil a little for referring to baby books all the time, but those were mostly practical things he was referencing. I want to do everything we can to make the baby's transition into the world go well - but I also don't want to overthink it and make things more stressful.

Next week is our first doctor's appointment. I'm looking forward to it. I'm kind of expecting the doctor to just tell us everything that Shannon's already figured out from reading about pregnancy.

I can't wait till we get to tell all our family and friends. I can't wait seven more months!

No comments: