Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spirit of PRegnancy Assignment 3

What promises have you already made to the baby-to-be? What promises have you already broken or anticipated breaking> Describe a scene you imagine in the future with you baby. What scene or aspect of mothering do you feel difficult to imagine?

I have promised to make sure he/she always feels beautiful and loved. I have made a pledge to try to be carefree and let the child develop without pressure to be who he/she is not. The promises I will probably break are being completely understanding. I fear I will think my mom was right and lose the thoughts and empathy I have for teenagers.
I imagine going sledding and playing in the basement. I can not see myself (though I know it will happen) saying "Find someone else to do that with you" and "Go play in the basement."

Today I asked the baby to be born with Bryce's toes.

No comments: