Saturday, November 8, 2008

Spirit of Pregnancy Assignment 2

What do you dream at night? Has your sense of time changed? Reflect on ways you feel invaded by pregnancy and ways you feel protective toward the presence of life forming? What about food? What were your former and pregnant relations to it. How do you speak in ways that nourish yourself and others?

Wow, this one has a lot of questions. Yes I dream a lot at night now, and mostly about sex. My sense of time has changed to when the weeks use to fly by the days seems to take forever now and I am so tired at around 2 or 3. I am done for the day. I also wake up a tad bit earlier. Makes me feel like moving our open hours from 9-5 might have been a mistake. My pregnancy does not feel like and invasion but a welcome happening. Although I would like to be able to not feel like I need to crap my pants every day and then when I am on the toilet I feel like I am going to hurl into my lap. I feel very protective of the life forming because it is in such a fragile time. I could have a miscarriage and all this hope would fly out the window. I am trying to spend less time in front of my computer, avoiding alcohol, smoke, and caffine, taking vitamins, and praying every minute. Food for me is a difficult thing. I am starting this pregnancy overweight and know this puts me at higher risk. I made a check list of foods I need to include every day, like an orange or broccoli, things that help the baby. As time moves on maybe I will go into a more restrictive diet, but for me that is hard. My former relationship with food always hangs the cloud of past anorexia over my head. When I met Bryce I has only been three years out of it and not I am over ten, however it still lingers. "If you put restictions on your eating you will fall into the trap again," "If you diet it says you don't like the way you look." I am hoping to get past this soon. I am trying to speak to myself in loving ways by encouraging myself to continue exercise and certain foods for the child. I also am letting myself go to bed when my body feels like it, or I am trying at least.

No comments: